Developing and using one-page profiles with staff
Helping your organisation to be ready to deliver personalised support to people living with dementia in order to meet the expectations of the Social Care Act from April 2015.
Course in brief
- Take time to appreciate what we bring as staff to our workplaces.
- Introduce person-centred thinking tools and how they support our person-centred practice.
- Develop staff one-page profiles, creating a happier workforce.
- Understand the importance of ensuring that the process leads to actions that make a difference in a person’s life.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who supports people living with dementia, regardless of role; the importance of managers attending with direct supporters cannot be overstated, and neither can the significance of leaders in driving this agenda forward.
No previous knowledge of the course subject is required for attendance.
What will it cover?
- Information-gathering exercises to develop participants’ own one-page profiles.
- Exploring the purpose and benefits of staff having and sharing one-page profiles.
- Understanding how to support a person living with dementia to hold on to who they are: personhood and wellbeing.
- Understanding the importance of teamwork and the impact it has on our own wellbeing and the wellbeing of those we support.
- Recognising the added value that we bring to our organisations.
- Drawing on what we learn about ourselves to understand better how we can support people to live well.
- Beginning to understand our own value base and how this might impact on the work that we do.
How is it delivered?
As a one-day training course, that you buy in for the organisation. We can train up to 20 people at a time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
For more information regarding delivery and costs of this course internationally, please send an email to one of the following addresses:
In the USA: email@example.com
In Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Australia: email@example.com
You may also be interested in...
Our learning about creating person-centred change.
Learning in a way that suits you.