Facilitate a Person-centred Review
This course teaches a process that puts the person at the centre of their review.
It draws on person-centred thinking tools to prepare for and facilitate a review. It demonstrates how to develop person-centred outcomes, and a clear and focused action plan with the person.
What is a Person-centred Review?
A person-centred review uses person-centred thinking tools to explore what is important to a someone now and in the future. It looks at what support they need and what is working and not working from different perspectives to agree outcomes and actions for change. It encourages people to aspire to improve their life, and gathers and shares information to do this. It meets statutory requirements, and is very different to traditional reviews.
We can deliver this course on the Preparing for Adulthood Review, if you are involved in the SEND reforms. This can help you in producing a new Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
Who is this for?
If you are responsible for facilitating reviews, or you are a care manager, social worker, reviewing officer, health professional, provider manager, teacher, SENCO, educational psychologists, or transition worker, then this course is for you.
What will you learn?
- How to facilitate a person-centred review.
- How to use structured exercises to help participants to understand the headings and process used in reviews.
- How to develop person-centred outcomes.
- How to use the person-centred thinking tools to prepare for the review, gather information during the review and address what’s not working following the review.
- How to develop and quality check a one-page profile.
- What the standards are for a person-centred review and how you can check how you are doing.
How could this help you?
- You want to support a person and those who know and care about them to think about their life, what is working, what could be possible and what needs to change.
- You want to ensure that the person is living the life that they want to and that any support or service they have is working toward this.
- You want to review how a personal budget, health budget or Individual Service Fund (ISF) is being used to achieve the person’s outcomes.
- You want to fulfil your organisation’s statutory requirements in a person-centred way.
- You simply want to improve how you facilitate reviews.
How can we deliver this?
- As a three-day in-depth course for up to 20 people.
- You can do our e-learning course followed by a two-day workshop and a further implementation day to help you use what you have (for up to 20 people).
- As a training and mentoring programme to build capacity to facilitate the person-centred reviews workshops from within your organisation.
- We can also facilitate individual person-centred reviews for someone you support or your team.
Get in touch with Vicky and we’ll find the best way to help you.
Lorraine Flack - Caerphilly Council
“Interactive presentation. Learned how to do one-page profiles correctly and how PC Reviews should be conducted. Enjoyed hearing about the experience of others”