A one or two-day course introducing you to the person-centred approach to risk.
You’ll work through actual risk situations using person-centred thinking tools.
What is Person-centred Risk?
We regularly take risk decisions without even thinking about it. Every opportunity contains risks – and a life without risk is a life without opportunities, without quality, without change.
Yet when it comes to people supported by services, so many people’s lives are controlled and stifled by our approach to risk. We’ve noticed that people are often good at highlighting the downside of risk, but struggle to think about the great opportunities that facing up to risk could hold. This course will help you change this.
Who is this for?
It is suitable for you if you use support services, or if you are a senior manager, first line manager, family member, carer or support worker.
What will you learn?
You’ll be able to address risk situations using person-centred thinking tools and following a person-centred approach to the risk process including:
- understanding and agreeing current reality.
- clarifying purpose and success from several perspectives.
- balancing what is important to the person with staying healthy and safe.
- clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- considering contingency plans.
- creative problem solving.
How will this help you?
- You want to support someone to have choice and control over their life while keeping risk in perspective.
- You want to identify what the problem is from the person’s perspective and find appropriate solutions.
- You want to ensure that people get the right support for them.
- You want to develop a positive approach to risk taking in your organisation.
- You want staff to feel well supported and be clear about their roles and responsibilities.
How can we deliver this?
- As a one-day face-to-face course, that you buy in for the organisation. We can train up to 20 people at a time.
- As a two-day course for participants who have not yet had the experience of using person-centred thinking tools.
- As an individual planning session.
Get in touch with Michelle and we’ll find the best way to help you.