Personalised Care and Support Planning
A workshop, designed to give you an introduction and overview of care and support planning and its role within the self-directed support process. To be able to facilitate care and support plans with people.
What is Personalised Care and Support Planning?
Person-centred thinking and planning are fundamental to great care and support planning. Within the context of personalisation, a Care and Support Plan describes how a person is going to spend their budget and how this will achieve their goals or outcomes.
Who is this for?
If you want to deepen your understanding of the process of care and support planning in relation to the self-directed support process. You might be a care manager, social worker, health professional, advocate or support worker.
What will you learn?
- Exploring in-depth the role of care and support planning within self-directed support in health and social care.
- How to use person-centred thinking tools to gather information for a Care and Support Plan.
- How to make a robust Care and Support Plan.
- The different ways of developing a Care and Support Plan.
- How to be creative in the way we deliver the support wanted and needed.
- How to create contingency plans and manage risk.
- How to review progress and capture learning.
- If the person has a long term condition how they can manage their long term condition and ‘self-care.’
- The roles and responsibilities of those developing Care and Support Plans.
- How to develop person-centred outcomes using a simple, clear eight-step process.
How can we deliver this?
- As a one-day introductory workshop for up to 20 people.
- As a two-day in-depth workshop for up to 20 people.
- As a series of one-to-one planning sessions to develop your plan.
- As a live planning event for four to six people to develop their own support plans (through Planning Live).
- As a training and mentoring programme to build capacity to facilitate the workshop from within your organisation.
Get in touch with Jo and we’ll find the best way to help you.
You may also be interested in...
Learning in a way that suits you.
Blog by Madeline Cooper-Ueki, NDTi