This inclusive and engaging two-day planning event brings together all the people who are important to a person.
It helps them to listen and record what is important from different perspectives and to explore a range of options for their life and support.
What is Planning Live?
It uses a variety of person-centred thinking tools to support people, their family and friends and support services to think and plan for their future. Central to the process is to have a clear understanding about what is important to the person as well as how best to support them in all areas of their life. The outcome is actions that help move people to the life that they want.
Who is the workshop for?
If you use support services, or you are a professional, carer or family member wanting to develop more person-centred support plans, then this workshop is for you. It can be used with adults and with young people.
What will you learn?
- How to use the ‘What’s Working/Not Working’ person-centred tool.
- Developing decision-making and community connecting tools to ensure a person-centred approach.
- How to identify what support people have from their own networks and community as well as what provision is needed from services.
- How to identify who has the responsibility for action, as well as how the person’s personal budget or Individual Service Fund (ISF) can be allocated if they have one.
How will this help you?
- You want to learn how people who share their home and support want to use their resource allocation to personalise this.
- You want to support people to use their resource allocations as ISFs.
- You want to develop your own support plans with others who are doing the same thing.
- You want to support young people to plan their transition into adult life.
- You want to ensure that you involve children, young people and their families in developing their Education, Health and Care plans in an inclusive and meaningful way.
- You want to increase aspirations and help people think of creative ways of delivering outcomes.
- You want to increase the capacity of young people and families to develop and maintain their Education, Health and Care plans over time.
- You want to find an efficient approach to develop plans at scale.
- You want your own staff to be able to facilitate Planning Live workshops.
How can we deliver this?
- As a two-day facilitated workshop.
- As a mentoring programme to build capacity to facilitate the workshop from within your organisation.
Get in touch with Michelle and we’ll find the best way to help you.
This is how Positive Futures use Planning Live
and this is what Pauline Ferguson from Positive Futures has to say about it...
“One of the most important things about this process was having all the people that are most important to the person in the room, each with the story of their relationship with the person. The richness of the information shared was exceptional, alongside not only listening to, but hearing what the person was telling us in different ways. I really thought that we got to the heart of how the person wants their life to be at this moment in time.”