How to create a perfect Section A using one-page profiles
This is a one-day workshop that provides participants with the knowledge of how to create a truly reflective Section A of an Education, Health and Care plan using one-page profiles.
What is a one-page profile and what needs to be included in Section A?
Section A of the EHC plan needs to include the views, interests and aspirations of the child or young person and his or her parents. This includes what is important to them, their interests and what matters to them. A one-page profile can be used to gather this information. It is a single page of information that captures the important information about a child or young person, including what other people appreciate about them, what is important to them and how they want to be supported.
Who is this course for?
Anyone responsible for co-ordinating or developing EHC plans, including; care managers, social workers, health professionals, post-16 providers, teachers, SENCOs, educational psychologists, transition workers and other professionals.
What will it cover?
- Separating what is important to someone from what is important for them and how they want to be supported.
- Using six questions to develop a one-page profile and inform Section A.
- Recording this information into a one-page profile.
- Discovering what is working and not working from different perspectives.
- Recording how someone communicates through using a communication chart.
- Using the decision making agreement.
- Seeing different ways of recording one-page profiles.
- Understanding what a good quality one-page profile looks like.
Situations where one-page profiles can help
- You want to ensure that your EHC plans have a perfect Section A
You want to use one-page profiles in different situations, for example in, schools, colleges or other post 16 providers.
- You want people to have competency in using the core person-centred thinking tools required to develop one-page profiles with children, young people and families.
How is it delivered?
- As a 1 day face-to-face course, that you buy in for the organisation. We can train up to 20 people at a time.
- As a one-to-one coaching session, which could be face-to-face, webinar, Skype or phone.
- Using our e-learning resource.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
For more information regarding delivery and costs of this course internationally, please send an email to one of the following addresses:
In the USA: email@example.com
In Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Australia: email@example.com