How to transfer Statements of Educational Need to Education, Health and Care plans
This is a three-day workshop that teaches a person-centred process to transfer Learning Disability Assessments and Statements into an Education, Health and Care plan.
What is the Preparing for Adulthood Review?
The Preparing for Adulthood Review meeting is an efficient way of getting equal and transparent contributions from everyone, and ensures that young people and families are full partners in decision making. It is a similar process to that of the person-centred review, but has a clear focus on the aspirations of children and young people and demonstrates how to develop person-centred outcomes and detailed action plans to move towards this.
Who is this course for?
Anyone responsible for co-ordinating or developing EHC plans, or facilitating reviews, including: care managers, social workers, reviewing officers, health professionals, post-16 providers, teachers, SENCOs, educational psychologists, transition workers and other professionals.
What will it cover?
- How to develop a one-page profile, and gather information for Section A.
- Learning a range of person-centred thinking tools that are useful in preparing for the review, are used during the review, and can be used after the review.
- Understanding and learning how to facilitate a Preparing for Adulthood Review meeting.
- Using structured exercises to enable participants to understand the headings and process used in the meeting.
- Practicing facilitation skills and to be able to facilitate a Preparing for Adulthood Review.
- Developing person-centred outcomes.
Situations where Preparing for Adulthood Reviews can help
This process can be used to replace the annual review in the academic year that the child or young person transfers to the new SEND system. It can also be used in following years to review the Education, Health and Care plan, when outcomes have been achieved or need to change to reflect the young person’s aspirations.
How is it delivered?
- As a three day in-depth workshop for up to 20 people.
- You can do our e-learning course followed by a two day workshop and a further follow-up/implementation day to help you to use what you have learnt through e-learning (for up to 20 people)
- As a mentoring programme to build capacity to facilitate the Preparing for Adulthood Reviews workshops from within your organisation.
Contact email@example.com for further information.
For more information regarding delivery and costs of this course internationally, please send an email to one of the following addresses:
In the USA: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Canada: email@example.com
In Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org