- One-page profiles
- Care and Support planning
- Person-centred thinking tools
- Person-centred reviews
- Working Together For Change
- Values-based recruitment
- Planning Live
- Living Well
- Community Circles
We believe that one-page profiles are the foundation of personalisation, and can lead to positive change for people, whatever their age or circumstances. They provide us with an at-a-glance way of knowing what really matters to people, that can be taken with them as they move through services and come into contact with people.
What is a One Page Profile?
A One Page Profile captures all the important information about a person on a single sheet of paper under three simple headings: what people appreciate about me, what’s important to me and how best to support me.
You can look at or download free One Page Profile templates here.
How can they help us to support people better?
One Page Profiles are deceptively simple, and in this simplicity lies their strength. They help us to support people better by:
- Helping us build better relationships by truly understanding what really matters to the person in their life and the way they are supported to live it
- Providing a record that can move with the person as they transition from service to service or use multiple services
- Being regularly updated to reflect people’s changing circumstances and aspirations
- When staff have One Page Profiles, the people being supported feel like they get to know the person, rather than just the job title
- When used at work, they can contribute to more person-centred teams, where individual strengths are recognised and different ways of working are taken into account
How we can help you implement One Page Profiles
Courses and programmes
You can learn about One Page Profiles through many of our courses and training programmes, including:
One Page Profiles
Becoming an accredited Trainer in Person-Centred Practices
Personalised Care and Support Planning
Just Enough Support
Person-centred Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
One Page Profiles for people living with dementia
Seeing the person behind their dementia
Communication and decision making with people living with dementia
Many of our online learning packages at www.hsaonlinelearning.org feature One Page Profiles in their content.
Books and publications
Many of our books, including Personalisation in Practice, Person-Centred Thinking with Older People, and A Practical Guide to Personalisation feature One Page Profiles. You can explore the full range of books at www.hsapress.co.uk.