Switched On Support: Practitioner level
This programme is for providers who are already have some knowledge of person-centred approaches and want to build on this knowledge whilst also learning about connected care. It begins with an in-depth two day workshops with leadership, managers and facilitators; designed to help you identify where and how it fits into the bigger picture for your organisation and move forward as a united team. It is then followed by separate workshops to give you the tools you need to make it happen.
Duration: 2 x 2 day workshops, 1 x 1 day workshop, and 2 shorter sessions over an 8 to 12 week period
Number of people: The programme is based around the live development of a personalised care and support plan for 4-6 people your organisation supports, and includes staff and the people who know and care about them throughout the process.
Suitable for: Providers, commissioners, carers, family members and anyone who uses services can join us on this programme
What does the programme include?
- 2 day training workshop for managers/ group facilitators
- Telecare awareness for managers
- 2 day Planning Live event
- ‘Just Enough Support’ and Connected Care workshop
- Review and next steps
2 day training workshop
We begin with two days for managers and facilitators. Here they are introduced to:
- Techniques to support small group facilitation
- The national and local context for care and support planning
- What is telecare and how can it be used
- Preparing for Planning live
- Developing person-centred outcomes
- Preparing for the Just Enough Support meetings
- Getting the most out of the person-centred thinking e-learning
- How we will monitor quality and progress
Telecare awareness for managers
This 2 hour course is suitable for managers who have a responsibility to deliver services and performance. Managers will develop an understanding of how telecare equipment can help to manage risks and promote independence, and how to fully support staff in using their telecare service. At the end of the training delegates will be able to:
- Explain a range of benefits of telecare
- Identify the product range
- Identify key components of the telecare referral form
- Understand the telecare assessment process
- Understand their role in the telecare service
- Understand the need for appropriate and quality of information
Planning Live is an inclusive and engaging 2 day event for 4-6 people that brings all the people who are important to a person together, to listen to what is important to them and discuss a range of options that culminates in a set of desired outcomes and a ‘perfect week’ on which to base the planning of the person’s support. At the end of the process we will have a plan that is both ambitious and practical.
Just Enough Support and Connected Care workshop
Now that you know what people want their life to be like on a day-to-day basis (‘perfect week’) and where they want to be in a year’s time (their outcomes) the next step is to make sure we can provide just enough support to deliver this.
The best way to do this is through the ‘Just Enough Support’ process. The purpose of this is to work out the best ways to deliver what the person wants. We will then combine this with what you have learnt from your Telecare Awareness sessions and leadership workshop to identify opportunities where telecare might provide the best solution for the person receiving support.
Review and next steps
Finally we join you for a review meeting for senior and first-line managers to review progress, problem-solve issues together and plan next steps.
Want to know more?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or for a PDF brochure, including programme costs.