- Who we are
- Who we work with
- How can we help you?
- Our charitable work
- What people say about us
- Awards & Nominations
HSA Canada Associate
What others like and admire about me
- I have real passion for the work I do
- Friendly and outgoing
- Fun with a great sense of humour
- Ensures that anyone wants to participate has the opportunity
- Great teacher
What’s important to me
• That my work makes a positive difference in helping people supported have the life that makes the most sense to them.
• I enjoy hearing/reading inspiring stories even if they make me cry
• Music and laughter
• Cooperation, honesty, teamwork
• The feeling of accomplishing something
• Working with others who are passionate about what they do
• Being able to share my ideas and vision
• To support others to develop/maintain/enhance person centred approaches
• Having a flexible schedule and knowing the deadlines
How best to support me
• Email is usually the best way to get in touch with me; however I do like to schedule phone time.
• I need clear and specific deadlines as I am usually working on many projects at the same time.
• I need time to think things through and talk about new ideas before the final product is produced.
• Be honest and straight forward with your thoughts and ideas. We will learn better together.
• I don’t always pick up on subtle cues. Be direct with me; don’t expect me to read between the lines. It is much quicker and easier if you just say what you have to say right up front.
Latest reading by Heather
Next team member
Lead of HSA Canada