A one-day course introducing you to a meeting process that creates a respectful and supportive climate for supervisions (or one-to-one sessions).
It helps you to understand and support each other well.
What is Person-centred Supervision?
It focuses on there being opportunities for appreciation and feedback, reflection on progress and learning and an opportunity for shared problem solving. The strategies and tools used in this workshop promote listening and creative thinking.
Who is this for?
If you are in a supervisory position then this course is for you.
What will you learn?
- Clarifying the purpose of supervision and what success looks like.
- How to negotiate and create shared agendas for supervision.
- How to give feedback on responsibilities, performance, supports and learning.
- Supporting personal development.
- Identifying what core responsibilities are and where you can use creativity and judgment.
- How to monitor outcomes and actions and review progress.
- Building a culture of appreciation.
- How to use one-page profiles to personalise support.
How will it help you?
- You want to provide staff with person-centred support.
- You want to embed person-centred thinking in daily practices.
- You want to increase participation, ownership and responsibility for supervision meetings.
- You want staff to be clear about what is expected of them.
- You want to increase shared problem solving and decision-making.
- You want to match skills, interests and personality characteristics to get the best fit with people who use the service, with team members or with tasks.
- You want to improve performance and monitor progress.
How can we deliver this?
- As a one-day face-to-face course, that you buy in for the organisation. We can train up to 20 people at a time.
- As a one-to-one coaching session.
- As a series of four participatory webinars.
Get in touch with Michelle and we’ll find the best way to help you.
You may also be interested in...
Work better together with a team plan, shared vision and support system.
Strategic and practical support for your organisation and people.