- Who we are
- Who we work with
- How can we help you?
- Our charitable work
- What people say about us
- Awards & Nominations
HSA New Zealand Associate
What others like and admire about me
- Kind and approachable
- Good sense of humour
- Not afraid to challenge
- Clear thinker, calm, wise and 'keen'
- Good listener
- Makes pretty decent coffee!
What’s important to me
• To have a good work/life balance and make sure I have quality time with my partner, my son and my family, I really enjoy having every other Monday off, it gives me a long weekend.
• To have a hot shower before leaving the house and to eat breakfast, usually porridge in winter, fresh fruit and muesli in summer
• To spend time with like-minded people who share the same person-centred values and thinking skills
• To have fun and humour at work
• To feel organised and that I am achieving things, love it when I tick things off the ‘to do’ list
• To spend time with people that we support
• To have time to plan and be involved in ‘exciting stuff’ rather than just the day to day operational work
• The team feel supported
• To work within budget and ensure we remain viable
How best to support me
• Be clear, honest and direct with me, I really don’t mind and cope better with this than people ‘avoiding issues’ or talking around them
• Use humour – I love sarcasm (unfortunately!)
• I need time alone to think, I benefit from working away from the office at least one day a week
• If I am quiet I could be either upset or thinking about something, ask me if I am ok or just need time to think. If I am upset about something I need time to process what I am feeling and why
• I like to finish things I have started; this may hold me back from starting new things
• I need opportunities to just vent and to actually reflect and bounce ideas around with the management team
• I need one good latte a day!
• I need time out of the office at least once during the day, this can be combined with my need for one good latte!
• I am very sensitive to strong perfume and scented smells like air fresheners
• I can’t concentrate in meetings etc. if people are pen clicking, sorry it drives me mad!
Next team member
Lead of HSA New Zealand